VegepihviMIX - professional tips and instructions
Prepare the best veggie burger or street food hit in your area! VegepihviMIX is a domestic, vegan and additive-free vegetable protein preparation from a professional kitchen. Just add hot water and bread for patties or buns. You can further refine the product if you wish. For example, add one of these to the dough: cubed goat cheese, sun-dried tomato, fried mushrooms, wild herbs, grated seasonal vegetables. Here we give instructions for processing VegepihviMIX - according to your customer's taste and concept!
- Add hot water according to the instructions, mix in the bowl of the universal machine with a paddle or smaller batches by hand. Add oil. Mix into a dough and let rise for at least 20 minutes until you can handle the dough without burning your hands. You can also make the dough the day before in the refrigerator and bake it into patties or buns the next day.
- You can replace part of the water with oat milk, hemp milk or coconut milk. This way you get the crunchiest steak mass.
- You can bake steaks, dumplings and shortbread from the finished dough.
- One kilo bag produces 2.5 kg of finished pulp. You can add 10–15% grated vegetables to it, so that the structure of the dough is still very bakeable.
- Frying creates a falafel-type bun. Frying in a pan and on a grill produces good steaks. Post-cooking in the oven, depending on the thickness of the steak.
- Tests typical spices or spice mixtures of different countries in the mass. The only limit is your imagination: curries, harissa, pesto, BBQ spices, chilies, herb mixtures and other spices make a lunch bun or steak a personal, vegan product suitable for different country themes, for example.
- Traditional domestic vegetables are suitable grated into the dough. For example carrot or zucchini.
- VegepihviMIX has the basic flavors ready and enough salt. The ground vegetables in the mixture add depth, flavor and nuance. You can get a Finnish taste of nature by adding fried mushroom cubes and nettle grits to the dough.
- Try baking with peeled hemp seeds!
- You get a vegan Lindström steak when you add ripe beetroot, capers and pickled cucumber cubes to the dough.
- You can make a vegan cold cut from cold shortbread, even between breads.
- You can also use VegepihviMIX as an extension of meatloaf mass.
Gluten-free? - The oat production facility has also processed other grains. For this reason, we cannot guarantee that the product is 100% gluten-free.
Instructions: Pour the contents of the bag into a bowl. Mix in 1.45 liters of hot water (65–85 degrees) and 0.5 dl of oil. Knead the dough by hand or in the bowl of a food processor with a paddle for a few minutes. If you wish, add some grated vegetables, e.g. carrot, zucchini or canned beetroot. You can also add herbs and spices if you like. You can also bread steaks with peeled hemp seeds. Let the dough rise for 20–30 minutes and bake into patties or buns. Fry in a pan or deep-fry. The final cooking can be done in the oven for a few minutes.
This is how you calculate the sufficiency of VegepihviMIX when you add 10% other ingredients to the mass.
|Liquid (liter)||Oil||finished dough||other ingredients 10% increase||total(kg)||125g steaks (pcs)||40g bun (pcs)|
Ingredients: broad bean meal, peeled hemp seed, hemp protein,
oats, psyllium meal, onion powder, carrot, parsnip,
leek, parsley, mustard powder, black pepper, sea salt
Nutritional values of finished steak/100g: Energy: 644kJ/154kcal, fat: 5.7g, of which saturated: 0.5g, carbohydrate: 10.7g, of which sugars: 1.4g, dietary fiber: 21 ,3g, protein:11.8g, salt:0.8g
Best before: 12 months
Storage: Dry, protected from light at a temperature of 5–20 °C
ORDERS, PRODUCT INQUIRIES, SAMPLES:
tel. 045 1480 059